Re: [Spridgets] Oil Change

To: Rick Fisk <refisk@chartermi.net>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Oil Change
From: Ron Soave via Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Date: Sat, 30 Jul 2022 10:06:28 -0500
Cc: Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Couple of things - until recently I used stock pushrods exclusively. You need
that drain back. Also, my engines rev. A lot. I consider 7000 rpm short
shifting  If you miss a shift or anything else goes wrong, the soft pushrods
are an excellent mechanical fuse. The bend rather than valves and subsequently
pistons survive. I rececentky have tried MEDâ??s stock diameter pushrods, but
made of harder stainless. That makes maximum horsepower at 8200 RPM  And I was
told you had a great reputation but Iâ??ve come to realize itâ??s really a
fraud that the stock pushrods for flex like rubber bands at that RPM. Thatâ??s
absolutely not true. Inspection showed zero distortion. The stainless ones are
fine but much less bargain as a fuse. There is no need for the larger diameter
pushrods. Your mileage may vary - this is just my experience on some stinky
fast race motors.

Ron Soave

http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/spridgets/mharc@autox.team.net