[Spridgets] Tapping a thread and learning new stuff

To: Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Spridgets] Tapping a thread and learning new stuff
From: Weslake1330 via Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Date: Fri, 20 Jan 2023 20:28:59 +0000

--000000000000160cc605f2b7e762

Hi List,

Well I thought I learned how to tap a thread at school in 'Metalwork'
lessons (passed with CSE grade 1) but rarely cut a thread/tap a thread
these days.  I think the last ones I did was when I was making handbrake
rods for my Sprite using Stainless Steel (and had a lot of help from a
friend with a lathe for some of the parts).

Anyway Youtube managed to suggest this clip for me and I found it
interesting.  I haven't finished it yet (or ripped a copy . . .) but wanted
to paste a copy here.  I'm up to the part where thread go/no go gauges are
used.  Now while I know what a go/no-go gauge is (used in some eligibility
checking in motorsports scrutineering) I never knew there were specific
thread go/no-go gauges and since I found some on ebay I might get a
couple.  That way even if I never use them, one day when I am dead and
buried and someone is checking out my tool kit they'll think I really knew
my stuff!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=33wfSMsUbuc

Regards

Daniel

--000000000000160cc605f2b7e762

o tap a thread at school in &#39;Metalwork&#39; lessons (passed with CSE gr=
ade 1) but rarely cut a thread/tap a thread these days.=C2=A0 I think the l=
ast ones I did was when I was making handbrake rods for my Sprite using Sta=
inless Steel (and had a lot of help from a friend with a lathe for some of =
 clip for me and I found it interesting.=C2=A0 I haven&#39;t finished it ye=
t (or ripped a copy . . .) but wanted to paste a copy here.=C2=A0 I&#39;m u=
p to the part where thread go/no go gauges are used.=C2=A0 Now while I know=
 what a go/no-go gauge is (used in some eligibility checking in motorsports=
 scrutineering) I never knew there were specific thread go/no-go gauges and=
 since I found some on ebay I might get a couple.=C2=A0 That way even if I =
never use them, one day when I am dead and buried and someone is checking o=
v><div><a href=3D"https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3D33wfSMsUbuc";>https://ww=

--000000000000160cc605f2b7e762--

--===============6263851679742307030==

spridgets@autox.team.net