Re: [Spridgets] 1275 core needed

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] 1275 core needed
From: David Ambrose via Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Date: Fri, 19 May 2023 11:41:18 -0700
Authentication-results: ; auth=pass (PLAIN) smtp.auth=stargazer1@cox.net a=h4sO89UKfotksCvzfA7kMg==:117 a=h4sO89UKfotksCvzfA7kMg==:17 a=r77TgQKjGQsHNAKrUKIA:9 a=zOoktvdPAAAA:8 a=kviXuzpPAAAA:8 a=1RQlCZ_hvcInSv-0bgcA:9 a=QEXdDO2ut3YA:10 a=bvvhC4b2V5YA:10 a=XrSninr-NsEA:10 a=m3MdUl94G8cA:10 a=5z4IWV1PAAAA:8 a=pGLkceISAAAA:8 a=7U7Gr7itbjP8WctMkVcA:9 a=6AIbEV98thwhiSV0:21 a=_W_S_7VecoQA:10 a=lqcHg5cX4UMA:10 a=GGGinmgZRQXmVEG1E52S:22 a=H-5SIE81h_H75kkpELng:22

--------------5OJ0h3C2ICWUn6NxGJR4EXeK

That sounds interesting. It's an original wire wheel car. We've been
wanting a weekend in Santa Barbara, though I'm not sure this is what my
wife had in mind. :-)

On 5/15/2023 1:51 PM, Mike Rambour via Spridgets wrote:

>   I am in no need of another car either...but perhaps we could do some
> creative financing for that '62 and take it apart here at my place in
> Santa Barbara. I would not mind a good rear axle assembly and some
> doohickeys here and there from the car to help with my project.  Its
> not a Spridget but it is now 1098cc Spridget powered.   Only gotcha is
> my wife will get upset if it sits in the yard a year or 2 :) so we
> would have to take it apart fairly quickly, like before the next rain
> season.
>
>  Bonus points if the rear is a original wire wheel rear and not a rear
> with wire adapters.
>
>    Mike
>

> On 5/15/2023 12:38 PM, Michael MacLean via Spridgets wrote:
>> David,
>>       First of all, where are you located? Second, I have no room for
>> another Brit car, small or otherwise. I have a two car garage that
>> houses the Bugeye, a Harley Davidson and a BN2 mid restoration.
>> There is an MGB GT and a Honda in the driveway.  There just isn't
>> room for it. My homeowners association would put a lean on my house
>> if I parked it in the driveway.  Lucky for me a friend has offered a
>> tired 1275 minus the head (I have two heads rebuilt and ready to
>> install).  The only logistical problem is I am in Southern California
>> and he is in the Bakersfield area (Tehachapi) which is a 4 -5 hour
>> ride one way.  I just got out of the hospital for pneumonia and
>> sepsis. Not quite 100% yet. I really am not ready for a road trip
>> just yet. If I could get someone to go with me and share the driving
>> I would go this week.  Thanks much for the offer, but I can't even
>> retrieve a free motor just yet.
>> Mike MacLean
>>
>> On Mon, May 15, 2023, 9:24 AM David Ambrose via Spridgets
>> <spridgets@autox.team.net> wrote:
>>
>>     I have a '62 Sprite with a 1275 that I'm looking to sell for a few
>>     hundred. Not sure you want that many extra parts though.
>>
>>     On 5/4/2023 2:53 PM, Michael MacLean via Spridgets wrote:
>>     > Anyone near the Southern California area (will travel up to 100
>>     miles)
>>     > have a 1275 sitting on the floor of their garage that they were
>>     going
>>     > to rebuild someday, but it's just gathering dust? Looking to buy a
>>     > 1275 core to rebuild. Really I need mostly a short block, but
>>     whole
>>     > engines are OK. A rod knock in my Bugeye engine means I get to buy
>>     > engine parts all over again after just 3000 miles.
>>     > Mike MacLean
>>     > San Bernardino
>>     > (909) 615-8093
>>

> ------------------------
>
> spridgets@autox.team.net
>
> Donate:http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Suggested annual donation: $12.75
>
> Archive:http://www.team.net/pipermail/spridgets
> http://autox.team.net/archive

--------------5OJ0h3C2ICWUn6NxGJR4EXeK

  <head>
  </head>
      been wanting a weekend in Santa Barbara, though I'm not sure this
      is what my wife had in mind. :-) <br>
      Spridgets wrote:<br>
      cite="mid:92da16a0-5ab9-e855-9cc9-cbd1fecbe1c0@dinospider.com">
        either...but perhaps we could do some creative financing for
        that '62 and take it apart here at my place in Santa Barbara.
        I would not mind a good rear axle assembly and some doohickeys
        here and there from the car to help with my project.  Its not a
        Spridget but it is now 1098cc Spridget powered.   Only gotcha is
        my wife will get upset if it sits in the yard a year or 2 :) so
        we would have to take it apart fairly quickly, like before the
        next rain season.<br>
        original wire wheel rear and not a rear with wire adapters.<br>
        MacLean via Spridgets wrote:<br>
cite="mid:CAL4ZEONJxY9KUNzZTH+EkMM6U-diQO7KUtSHdA-vT5AUbDOoag@mail.gmail.com">
          charset=UTF-8">
            Second, I have no room for another Brit car, small or
            otherwise. I have a two car garage that houses the Bugeye, a
            Harley Davidson and a BN2 mid restoration.  There is an MGB
            GT and a Honda in the driveway.  There just isn't room for
            it. My homeowners association would put a lean on my house
            if I parked it in the driveway.  Lucky for me a friend has
            offered a tired 1275 minus the head (I have two heads
            rebuilt and ready to install).  The only logistical problem
            is I am in Southern California and he is in the Bakersfield
            area (Tehachapi) which is a 4 -5 hour ride one way.  I just
            got out of the hospital for pneumonia and sepsis. Not quite
            100% yet. I really am not ready for a road trip just yet.
            If I could get someone to go with me and share the driving I
            would go this week.  Thanks much for the offer, but I can't
            even retrieve a free motor just yet.</div>
            AM David Ambrose via Spridgets &lt;<a
              href="mailto:spridgets@autox.team.net";
              moz-do-not-send="true"
class="moz-txt-link-freetext">spridgets@autox.team.net</a>&gt;
            wrote:<br>
            .8ex;border-left:1px #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex">I have a
            '62 Sprite with a 1275 that I'm looking to sell for a few <br>
            hundred. Not sure you want that many extra parts though.<br>
            On 5/4/2023 2:53 PM, Michael MacLean via Spridgets wrote:<br>
            &gt; Anyone near the Southern California area (will travel
            up to 100 miles) <br>
            &gt; have a 1275 sitting on the floor of their garage that
            they were going <br>
            &gt; to rebuild someday, but it's just gathering dust?
            Looking to buy a <br>
            &gt; 1275 core to rebuild. Really I need mostly a short
            block, but whole <br>
            &gt; engines are OK. A rod knock in my Bugeye engine means I
            get to buy <br>
            &gt; engine parts all over again after just 3000 miles.<br>
            &gt; Mike MacLean<br>
            &gt; San Bernardino<br>
            &gt; (909) 615-8093</blockquote>
      <fieldset class="moz-mime-attachment-header"></fieldset>
      <pre class="moz-quote-pre" wrap="">------------------------

<a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated"
href="mailto:spridgets@autox.team.net";>spridgets@autox.team.net</a>

href="http://www.team.net/pipermail/spridgets";>http://www.team.net/pipermail/spridgets</a>