Brake Booster Rebuild

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Brake Booster Rebuild
From: NamasteRH@aol.com
Date: Tue, 9 Apr 1996 03:12:16 -0400
Howdy folks.

Check out the time of this post and you'll see how much this issue is
bothering me (I'm on the east coast).

I need to rebuild my servo.  Fine.  The question I need your collective
advice on is two-fold.

Firstly, SHOULD I rebuild my servo?  In December there was a spurt of
discussion about the best replacement servos, but nada about rebuilding.  So,
has anyone done it recently (last few years), whose kit did you use, and were
you happy with the results?  Sunbeam Specialties seems to have the best price
for the kits (5 or 7 in.) but their price is SO MUCH LOWER than the
competition that I am worried about quality.  Comments?  If the results
(regardless of the kit used) will be short-lived, I don't want to waste my
money on a kit.  HELP!

Secondly, assuming that the answer to part one is REPLACE THE BUGGER, do I
have to go with a 5 incher or can I throw in a 7 inch servo? Decisions,
decisions.

I have new brake lines (after the booster),  new master cyl., new rear
slaves, and original front calipers.

Thanks for any and all comments.

Rick Hoefle (Tiger B9470508)