(Fwd) Re: Spare tire hold down and Jack

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: (Fwd) Re: Spare tire hold down and Jack
From: "Ron Franklin" <oldhaven@biddeford.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Apr 1996 09:37:27 -0500
From:          Self <Single-user mode>
To:            DRano4718@aol.com
Subject:       Re: Spare tire hold down and Jack
Date:          Mon, 15 Apr 1996 09:33:33 -0500

On 14 Apr 96 at 19:16, you wrote:

> They are the same wheels shown in the Clymer book.Different width & different
> front to back, as I recall

True.  It's kind of nice since they avoid the odd looking differences in
track which most Tigers have.

. I had a set which I sold to Wayne Boyd in
> Narragansett, R.I., who still uses them. Careful, magnesium is porous & is
> said to get brittle when old. They should be pretty coroded by now,huh?

They will never look brand new again and have some superficial pitting.
But they seem to be structurally sound.  I will probably keep them on for
now but plan to change to 14 or 15 inch wheels in the future, and will save
them for events where these kinds of things are of interest.

Rgds,
Ron

Bowdoin, Maine, USA