Re: Efficiency is the question.

To: tigers@autox.team.net,
Subject: Re: Efficiency is the question.
From: LeBrun@hii.hitachi.com
Date: Tue, 16 Apr 96 10:33:40 PST
     Dan;

         -Good explanation. In past experience one can compensate for the
          "lower" low-RPM/torque performance by advancing your cam-to-crank
          timing. Most good roller-chain setups have multiple keyways to
          set this timing at various degrees of advance/std./retard.

         -I've used between 4-8 degrees advanced...my last HIPO 289 was in
          a '66 ECONOLINE (it HAD a straight 6) with a 3.00/1 rear end
          since 95% of my driving was California Interstate.I also had
          "polished" heads & larger valves.

                             Phil LeBrun