Re: WHEEL WANTS (fwd)

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: WHEEL WANTS (fwd)
From: Chris Richards <cjr7@axe.humboldt.edu>
Date: Mon, 22 Apr 1996 20:46 -0700 (PDT)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Mon, 22 Apr 1996 20:31 -0700 (PDT)
From: Chris Richards <cjr7@axe.humboldt.edu>
To: DSand95510@aol.com
Cc: tigers@auto.team.net, alpines@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: WHEEL WANTS

OK Gang-

Here's the skinny on the Tiger/Alpine rim difference question----a Tiger
Rim # 1214930  /64 has an easily distinguisable difference to an Alpine
#1214930 /66 rim (yes its the same #!!!).  Where the lug nut mates to the
surface of the rim the machined hole is located in the center of an raised
ridge.  That is---the hole is machined through the rim and there is a
circle of thicker metal formed to the rim around each of the lug nut stud
holes (of the rims).  Anyway, the raised surface of the 64 Tiger rim is
higher and has the diameter of 1.5 inches.  The 66 Alpine one is raised up
above the suface thinner and has the diameter of only 1 inch.  It also
appears that the Tiger rim accepts an larger diametered lug nut.

Holler back if this message isn't something that will help you to decide
which rims your sunbeam has.

Kind Regards-Chris