Mirrors

To: "'Tigers'" <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Mirrors
From: Bennett Cullen <p21988@gegpo8.geg.mot.com>
Date: Fri, 26 Apr 96 10:09:00 MST
The mirror in my Tiger mirror has a convex surface (for wide angle vision),
not flat. I had the same problem with the outer edge of the trim falling
apart, and have not come up with a good working solution yet. Kathy at the
CAT warehouse is working on getting some replacement glass made. The first
batch had a little distortion near the edges. The original glass is .094"
(3/32) thick while most places that make new glass try to sell .063" (1/16)
 material. Re-coating the back of the original glass is probably the best
way to go if you already have something to work with.
I had an idea of placing a bead of black RTV around the edge, but have not
tried it yet. It will take a small nozzle and a steady hand.

Cullen in Tempe