Out of the hole

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Out of the hole
From: marrone@wco.com (Frank Marrone)
Date: Tue, 30 Apr 1996 00:46:21 -0700 (PDT)
>Having the
>pistons protrude into the gasket area is not a problem as long as you have
>at least 0.030" clearance between the piston at TDC and the installed head.
>This would have given you both more compression and more squish at the top
>of the stroke which helps prevent pre-detonation.  Since most thick
>headgaskets don't squish down to less than 0.040", you might have been OK
>with the uncut pistons.

>Tom Hall

You like it when you can just make out the marks on the face piston in the
flat part of the cylinder head, or so I've been told.  That is probably
pushing it for most of our applications but it would probably run good as
long as it lasted.

Frank Marrone          MK I Tiger B9471116
marrone@wco.com        1966 LTD
                       Series I Alpine  (2.3L powered by Ford)
                       Yamaha Seca 900