[RE] [RE] [RE] Aerodynamic Research

To: "'Tigers'" <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: [RE] [RE] [RE] Aerodynamic Research
From: Bennett Cullen <p21988@gegpo8.geg.mot.com>
Date: Mon, 13 May 96 13:24:00 MST
Phil;
I am presently running a 165 degree thermostat and still experience some
residual gurgling and boiling when I shut it off. I have made contact with a
shop over in Mesa that can re-core my old radiator with a three row, big
tube, 17 fin/inch  core that he claims will fix the heat. I figure it still
has to get air flow through it to get it to work (based on the earlier
post). He builds custom stuff for desert 4 wheelers with good results. It
will probably be a good $200 expenditure for this summer. From the way it
has started this year it will probably be a scorcher before it's over.
I ran an experiment on three thermostats that I had on the shelf. They were
165, 180 and 195 degree units. They all just started to open at the rated
temp +/- 2 degrees, but they were not fully open until about 15 degrees
higher than the rating. Something to think about when selecting an operating
temperature.
Cullen in Temp

     -Yes, I do remember the Summers' in Phoenix!(and the fire ants,
         scorpions, etc.) I was born & raised near 44th & McDowell.My
         grand-parents lived off of 44th & Camelback. I've lived in the
         S.F. Bay Area since '62.I haven't been back to Phoenix-Tempe-
         Scottsdale since 1980!!

        -What temperature thermostat do you use in Tempe summers in a
         TIGER? I've used 140-to-160 degree ones in other HI-PO stuff I've
         built in the past without any noticeable fouling of plugs, etc.
         I'm now running a 180 (it was 92 this last weekend).

                        Phil LeBrun   '66 TIGER B382002328.