Re: My Lucky Day!

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: My Lucky Day!
From: STUART_BRENNAN@HP-Andover-om3.om.hp.com
Date: Fri, 24 May 96 14:06:15 -0600
     They were legal.  In fact, I think there was an outfit on Cape Cod,
     and maybe another in Maryland selling them within the last five or six
     years.  I don't know what the deal was---Maybe they were importing and
     refurbishing pre '67s or something.  I remember seeing a Charleston (a
     trim package) on the Cape maybe 4 or 5 years ago.

     Stu

Author:  Non-HP-owner-tigers (owner-tigers@triumph.cs.utah.edu) at
HP-ColSprings,shargw3
Date:    5/24/96 1:34 PM

>    -Excuse my ignorance...is the 2CV the one with the whole cloth top
>     that slides back? Kind of reminds me of the VW THING that way.
>     I think we see one once in awhile during our car-pool commute.

Yup, looks kinda like they were made entirely of flat sheets except some
had corrugated sides.  There are quite few of them in the Bay Area.  I
think the windows are straight plate (non safety) glass; no compound
curves anywhere.  I've seen them with wicker seats and with just a
piece of canvass stretch between two bars, kinda like one of those
cheapie folding lawn chairs.  As far a I know, they have never been US
legal so I'm mystified as to how any of them ever got licensed for the
road.

>     What the hell does a "truckette" look like? I saw a "flatbed" truck
>     version of a MINI-COOPER once. Is it the same?

Well, they came in a variety of models, including a panel truck(ette).
You've got the right idea, though.

>                              Phil

Roland