Water Pump

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Water Pump
From: "STEPHEN SALATA USAET(UTC -04:00)" <usfmdgbj@ibmmail.com>
Date: Mon, 03 Jun 1996 09:42:57 EDT
Does anyone have any experience with running the so called "anti-cavitation"
style water pump?  It was used on the 302 Boss engine (among others).  It has
curved impeller blades instead of the common straight blades.  I'm running
this pump on my 302 Mk.1, along with every cooling trick I can think of, and
it still runs 230 degrees and vapor locks the carburetor at 70 deg ambient
temperatures.  Maybe this style pump is contributing to this problem.