Re: Spring insulators / SS

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Spring insulators / SS
From: wickland@eng.adaptec.com (Steve Wickland x3128)
Date: Mon, 3 Jun 96 17:18:45 PDT
Larry,

You do suggest a most fool proof way of installing the insulators
buy taping them on.  I did not.  I did raise the car high enough to
allow the lower a-arm to be almost vertical.  This allowed me to seat
the insulator firmly and maintaing that pressure while bringing the
a-arm back into position.  I find that the CAT insulator cut in half
work perfect.  I can't explain my problem, I followed directions
given, both times.

> Some care is needed for installation.

I guess Rick doesn't know about it.  When I asked Rick about them he
said "They go right in, I've never had a problem".  That was 3 years
ago though.  If I would have known that there is a problem, or a
special procedure required I would have followed it.  Please pass your
idea along to Rick so he can tell all his customers.  It sounds like
a good Idea to me.

Steve W.