Re: A new thread ??

To: Rick Fedorchak <richard.fedorchak@gsfc.nasa.gov>
Subject: Re: A new thread ??
From: lrw@aop.com (LARRY WRIGHT)
Date: Fri, 14 Jun 96 10:26 EDT
Rick wrote:
>information I could really use.....

>I'm gonna either buy or build a parts washer in the very near future.  Does
>anybody have suggestions on what type of solvent or cleaning solution works
>best ?  Varsol ?  Safety Kleen ??  Others ???

No, I just use kerosene. However: If ya wanna build your own, Northern
Hydraulics sells a pump/hose kit; all you need then is a container to put
it in. I was given a military-surplus radio box, I already use it as a "manual"
parts washer and I think I'll get one of NH's kits. The radio box is about 2
cubic feet (so no really big parts will fit) and sturdy, and _really_ air-tight;
you cannot open it until you open a little air-bleed petcock. I could imagine
a less air-tight container would mean fumes/odors. They might be available
in surplus stores.

>BTW  Happy Birthday ( Yesterday ) Larry.  I owe you a beer.

Thanks. I'll take you up on that, you know.

 > Hope the big
>four-oh wasn't too traumatic.

It's funny. On the Tigerlist, I betcha I'm younger then the average
list member. I'm also on the Nissan SE-R list, where I'm waaaay
older than the average. It's all perspective...

>Unfortunately, now everybody will use your
>age as an excuse  to make jokes about your Tiger being a "mid life crisis"
>machine and such.

Perhaps. Mebbe I can use "mid-life crisis" as an excuse to expand
my "collection" beyond one car.

Larry Wright, Maryland     "I can't get no-- Satis-traction"
1964 Sunbeam Tiger Mk 1   (302/285, T-5)
1996 Nissan 200SX SE-R       ($TB, 17d BTDC)
1992 Toyota pick-up             (Bilstein, Yoko AVS)
ph 301.386.7979                      fax 301.386.5333
and e-mail at home now!      Larry.Wright@mail.wdn.com
(And I'm looking for a tow-behind cement mixer. Any
ideas?)