Introduction

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Introduction
From: GOJKIDS@aol.com
Date: Tue, 18 Jun 1996 01:25:08 -0400
Howdy,

I am new to this mailing list, and actually to mailing lists in general.
 Although I have already reaped the rewards of being a member, I need to
introduce myself.  My name is Blaine Joseph, a recent graduate(May) of Texas
A&M.  I bought a 64 Alpine and a 65 Tiger 9 years ago, and restored the
Alpine using the Tiger for parts throughout highschool.  Due to funds it
wasn't original.  I would have restored the Tiger, but it was pretty junked.
 The Alpine ended up with the Tiger rear end, an old Chevy transmission that
was laying around and a '64 Chevy II that I pulled out of a boat.  Although
not super fast, it was quick.
This past year after attending Bondurants School of High Performance Driving
in Phoenix, I got the autocross bug, and vowed to make the ol Alpine a little
faster.  After going throught the necessary steps (steering, firewall,
engine, trans, etc.)  to convert it to a Tiger or an Alger if you will, I am
nearly there.  What remains are the little details such as electrical and
steering and cooling system.  There is a 64 1/2 289HP overbored 20 with a 302
crank and a really hot Crane Cam (I forget the specs).  Summit racing and I
spent some serious time rebuilding the engine, it should be quick.  There is
a Ford toploader behind it and I kept the Tiger rear end.  I hope it runs as
well as it should.  That pretty much completes my bio.  The conversion is
slowing down, since the Houston heat is taking its toll.  I hope I didn't
bore ya'll too bad.

Blaine