Heat Shield Dimension Correction Notice

To: tigers <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Heat Shield Dimension Correction Notice
From: Bennett Cullen <p21988@gegpo8.geg.mot.com>
Date: Mon, 08 Jul 96 09:02:00 MST
Hi to all,
Everyone please watch closely as I eat a large portion of CROW this morning
before your very eyes!
There was an error in drawing for the heat shields that I sent to T.J.
Higgins last week for posting. So if you have downloaded it please watch for
the new copy to replace the old one.
I found the mistake while making up a set of Stainless Steel shields to put
on the car this weekend. The holes are too far apart (0.125"). All of the
other dimensions appear to be OK. I used 0.050" thick 3031 stainless. I also
found that ACE Hardware carries a washer that they call a "machine bushing"
which looks more like a small pattern washer that has the correct size and
hole dimensions. Each one is 0.075" thick, so a pair of them adds up to
0.150", that is just slightly over the dimension called out for the original
spacer. I'm not sure that this has any critical role in life other than
keeping the heat shield contact to the engine mount to a minimum.

Sorry again if this has inconvenienced anyone.

|  Cullen Bennett  in Tempe, Arizona  (1965  MK I Tiger B9472658)    |
|  p21988@gegpo8.geg.mot.com       (1967 Alpine SV B395002751)|