History and Air Cleaners

To: <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: History and Air Cleaners
From: Jay Laifman <JLAIFMAN@PNM.MHS.CompuServe.COM>
Date: 12 Jul 96 12:59:49 EDT
Just so you know we are not alone, I saw a show last night
about Italy.  One of the items they showed was Da Vinci's
painting the "Last Supper", which is now under "restoration".
Over the hundreds of years since it was first painted, parts
have faded and parts have chipped away.  Various artists
over the centuries have repainted the chipped spots and touched
up the faded parts.  Apparently, there is a raging dispute about
whether it should be restored to "original" or whether the
contributions from the subsequent artists should be maintained.
The same issue arose at the Sistine Chapel where Michaelangelo
originally painted the angels completely nude, but during
more "prudish" times, fig leaves were added over the private
parts.  Under the current restoration, the fig leaves were
removed.  But, the debate continues.

So now you can tell your spouses that a Tiger is equivalent
to some of the greatest works of art of all time, and
therefore adds "culture" to our lives.

Jay Laifman