Re: "the route instructions blew away..."

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: "the route instructions blew away..."
From: "G.S.Sutherland" <G.S.Sutherland@phil.hull.ac.uk>
Date: Wed, 17 Jul 1996 12:43:47 +0100 (BST)
+ BTW, anybody out there rally in their Tiger (or Cobra)? I did two
+ in the Nissan this spring, nice 'n comfy; beyond the rain both times,
+ did not figure I could get consistant enough readings off either the
+ speedo or odo to correct even after the odo leg to use the Garage
+ Queen.

        I'm not actually involved in rallying at present, though I may
take up navigating in historic competitions if I can find a seat going!
However, earlier this week I saw one of the Rootes work's Tigers going
for sale. I can't remember the details, but it was one of the Recce cars,
and they're asking 8,000 GBP for it. (It needs restoration.)

        I'll dig out further information tomorrow.

                Graeme