Blower Motor Questions

To: alpines@autox.team.net, tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Blower Motor Questions
From: marrone@wco.com (Frank Marrone)
Date: Sun, 21 Jul 1996 23:56:04 -0700 (PDT)
Sorry, not the interesting type of blower mototrs.

Has anyone ever tried to replace the bearings in the blower motor for the
heater?  Is the squirrel cage pressed on to the output shaft?  I've got a
motor that runs for about 5 minutes then it makes some really nasty noises
before it siezes up. The bottom bearing gets really hot first.

Sometimes small motor bearings are easy to come by.  Is it worth trying to
rebuild one of these things?

Frank Marrone          MK I Tiger B9471116
marrone@wco.com        1966 LTD
                       Series I Alpine  (2.3L powered by Ford)
                       Yamaha Seca 900