Re: August 2,3, & 4

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: August 2,3, & 4
From: "G.S.Sutherland" <G.S.Sutherland@phil.hull.ac.uk>
Date: Wed, 24 Jul 1996 13:22:47 +0100 (BST)
+ You all probably know about this, but down here near manana land, word
+ moves a little slowly.  So, just in case you're also not in the loop,
+ some terrific sounding stuff is going to happen at the US Marine Corps
+ Air Station Tustin in Orange County CA on the first weekend of August.
+ Vintage racing including TransAm, CanAM, IndyCar, GTP, F1 motorcycle
+ side cars, and other stuff.  Word is that three Tigers are entered plus
+ Steven Alcala's fintail Alpine and maybe even more!  A ton of other
+ diversions are planned for the weekend, so it sounds like an event not
+ to be missed.

        Sounds fun, but we've got our own party on this side of the
Atlantic, which is the Coys Historic Festival at Silverstone. There's
vintage GP, GT, Sportscar racing, and an auction of various competition
cars. (I've checked the listings, and there are no Tigers up for grabs,
but there is a Shelby De Tomaso Mangusta Endurance Racer!)

        I'm thinking of going along. Does anyone else have any plans?

                Graeme