Re: A good trick (and other petty observations)

To: Rick Fedorchak <richard.fedorchak@gsfc.nasa.gov>
Subject: Re: A good trick (and other petty observations)
From: lrw@aop.com (LARRY WRIGHT)
Date: Wed, 24 Jul 96 11:20 EDT
Rick wrote:
>Sounds like a good trick Larry,  but where exactly do you attach the
>shackles to the _COIL_  springs ?  :~)

>        Rick
   Directly to the sippy cup, Rick!

Er, um, ah, well...
Logic 101:
        A) People jack up their cars w/shackles
        B) People jack up their Chevelles
        C) Therefore, people jack up their Chevelles w/shackles--NOT!
            (Well, in sunny Seabrook, Maryland, anything goes; I'll have
             to check out the locals and see how they attach 'em)

    Rick, mebbe there's special tricks fer you GM guys: for instance,
you can jack up an early 'Vair merely by driving it around the
corner. :-)   Of course, this won't help Mario's problem, but...

   I'll be doing my rear springs during this winter's finish-up-the-d*mn-car
project; the rear underside has been in ignore-mode since I got the
car. Have to figure out where to spend my money: New gears, seals,
limited slip, rear disc brakes, freshen Panhard rod, rear shocks,
bushings incl the traction bars, etc.-- or some combination of the above.
   BTW, I understand that the rear axle is a Salsbury unit. And in a recent
Classic and Sportscar (where is my August issue, dang it?) they
profiled a place that catered to Salsburys (Salsburies?), and the photos
showed bins full of rear pumpkin covers in _alloy_. I wonder if
any would fit a Tiger, assuming that we'd have to figure out the
parking-brake-rod ring-thing on our own? The Book of Norman
tells us that the Tiger LAT cover won't even fit our cars! This is
important, 'cuz after we all jack up our cars with the shackles, the
diff will show, and we'll need to pretty them up.       :)

Larry Wright, Maryland     "I can't get no-- Satis-traction"
1964 Sunbeam Tiger Mk 1   (302/285, T-5, Revolutions)
1996 Nissan 200SX SE-R       ($TB, 17d BTDC, +25 MIR hp!)
1992 Toyota pick-up             (Bilstein, Yoko AVS, Concordes)
ph 301.386.7979                      fax 301.386.5333
and e-mail at home now!      Larry.Wright@mail.wdn.com