Reply to Alloy Cover

To: tigers@b17a_pn.b17a.ingr.com
Subject: Reply to Alloy Cover
From: Chad Raynal <craynal@wpo.borland.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Jul 1996 13:29:15 -0800
Sorry if this is a repeat for some, but it was not received by some.

Hello Larry,

I'm sure Gary (Winblad) will respond to this as well, but I don't think
anything too special, if anything, needs to be done to use the 2.88 gears
with the limited slip.  Gary just had the limited slip added to his differential
and I'm almost positive he is using the 2.88s.  I believe he is using the
2.88s because he plans on installing the Borg-Warner 5-speed.  The guy
who installed my limited-slip, and Gary's too, referred to the unit as a
"Power-Lock."  He also mentioned that there are a bunch of Jeep and
International Harvester trucks that run the DANA 44s with the
"Power-Lock" limited slip unit.

As far as the alloy cover goes, maybe we can get Phil to outsource the
creation of a TIGER lettered, finned aluminum, rear-end cover (looking like
the Doane Spencer unit in Norm's book) that will actually fit the DANA 44,
and not the DANA 23 (?)  that Doane used.  If this has already been
done, I apologize.

Chad