apocryphal

To: Tiger Newsgroup <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: apocryphal
From: "Edmund E. Powell" <102430.3640@compuserve.com>
Date: 25 Jul 96 00:51:08 EDT
Well, Tiger-Pals, it seems I've opened a HUGE can of worms here regarding the
260/289 issue on late 1966 Tigers. <g>  What fun, eh wot?  You betcha.

Regarding the badge thing, I did not mean to claim that the badge _meant_
anything beyond, perhaps, coincidental timing.  Reviewing my post, however, I
see that what I wrote carries stonger implications.  Not intended.

Now, to top it all off, I must confess that my timing is truly abysmal.  My
Tiger is currently in Arizona; I'm in Berkely, CA.  We shall not be reunited for
nearly another year.  Bummer.  The long and short of it is that I can't
physically check and report all the other "clues" and numbers of my engine or
car.  For that, I apologize.  I've wound everyone up, and now won't deliver the
goods.  I had a girl friend like that.

Be that as it may (and it is), the posts have been fun and enlightening.  I look
foward to reading more -- especially from owners of 1A Tigers  _after_
B382002639.

Tigerless in Berkeley,
Eddy