Re: [RE] Bench bleeding

To: p21988@gegpo8.geg.mot.com
Subject: Re: [RE] Bench bleeding
From: gary_winblad@juno.com (Gary A Winblad)
Date: Tue, 30 Jul 1996 22:00:03 PST

>In the past I have mounted the cylinder dry, and then connected a
>fitting
>with a short piece of rubber hose back into the top of the reservoir
>and
>then filled it up with fluid. You can then pump the pedal to circulate
>the
>fluid until all the bubbles are removed. There is still the risk of
>introducing a few bubbles when disconnecting this and reattaching the
>regular brake line, but there are minimal bubbles to contend with.

I've never bothered to do such a thing.  The air flows up hill right out
into
the reservoir, no problem.  And a little extra flushing the system is no
problem...  By the way, the clutch is really self bleeding because its
all
up hill for the air.

  Any drips are a REAL problem to the paint, I wouldn't risk it.

Gary