Re: Block #'s

To: tigers@autox.team.net, Rick Fedorchak <richard.fedorchak@gsfc.nasa.gov>
Subject: Re: Block #'s
From: Async User <khansen@epix.net>
Date: Thu, 1 Aug 96 22:59:34 PDT
To my knowledge, the original 260"s and the 221's (the very original small
block Ford) all had 2 soft plugs per side.  When the first of the 289"s were
made, it was felt that a third was needed. the 260 was upgraded to the 289
design, for export.  Remember, the 260 was used in the Tiger long after Ford
discontinued using the 260 in the USA.  I've been told that the 260"s used
with the 3 holes have the same cylinder wall thickness as the 289 (before
machining)  Therefore, the early 260's had 2 hole blocks and the later 260's
were 3 hole blocks.
Name: Kenneth Hansen
E-mail: khansen@epix.net
Date: 8/1/96