Scare Tactics

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Scare Tactics
From: STUART_BRENNAN@HP-Andover-om3.om.hp.com
Date: Tue, 6 Aug 96 11:14:25 -0600
Item Subject: cc:Mail Text
     Last fall we were all worried that our Tigers were going to burst into
     flame any second.  Now, we can't even drive down the road and go
     around a corner without worrying about our front ends falling to bits.
     Don't even stand with your toes under the car.

     Reality Check Time:  Autocrossers beat up their front ends much more
     than the rest of us do in normal driving.   Are their ball joints
     routinely falling apart, their fulcrum pins breaking?  What's the
     story here?  Are any autocrossers living with stock front end parts,
     or have they all converted to stronger parts?  And, folks who have
     installed super wide tires should have better grip, and more potential
     for breaking front end parts because of the Tiger Ackerman problem.
     Do they in fact have more failures?  Is the reason the Tiger ball
     joints break (and not Alpines) the same as for the fulcrum pins?

     How about it, experts?  Inquiring minds want to know.

     Stu