Re: why is this joke funny?

To: newell@mars.hii.hitachi.com, sharon.lebrun@tcibr.com,
Subject: Re: why is this joke funny?
From: LeBrun@hii.hitachi.com
Date: Thu, 29 Aug 96 13:39:13 PST
     Maybe she had a talk with your wife....

     This was forwarded on to me by my niece...she insists it is a joke.
     I, on the other hand, failed to find the humor...

There is a man who has three girlfriends, but he does not know which
one to marry. So he decides to give each one $5000 and see how each of
them spends it.

The first one goes out and gets a total make-over with the money. She
gets new clothes, a new hairdo, manicure, pedicure, the works, and tells
the man, "I spent the money so I could look pretty for you because I
love you so much."

The second one went out and bought new golf clubs, a CD player, a
television, and a stereo and gives them to the man. She says, "I bought
these gifts for you with the money because I love you so much."

The third one takes the $5000 and invests it in the stock market,
doubles her investment, returns the $5000 to the man and reinvests the
rest. She says, "I am investing the rest of the money for our future
because I love you so much."

The man thought long and hard about how each of the women spent the
money and decided to marry the one with the biggest breasts.