I'm smok'in

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: I'm smok'in
From: RevSteveP@aol.com
Date: Mon, 2 Sep 1996 23:02:06 -0400
Dearly Beloved,
    While trying to resurrect my dormant Tiger, laboring on Labor Day, I got
the battery charged up, disconnected the coil leads, turned on the switch,
(smiled briefly at the whirring of the fuel pump) and cranked the engine to
bring up some oil into the upper engine.  It has been four years since the
engine turned over and I wasn't even sure it would  turn, but it did, like
always.  Anyways, whilst cranking for about ten seconds I noticed whisps of
smoke rising out of the engine.  I stopped cranking and turned everything
off.  Closer inspection revealed the ground wire from the back of the
generator to the frame was toast, well kind of a gooey mess really, obviously
it got real hot!
     I looked at it and it had seen better days, so thinking it might be
crimped and limited in some theological fashion, I made a new one.   Toasted
that one too!
   The generator has less than a thousand miles on it, but it has been
sitting still for four years.
    The only tricks I know for Tiger electricals is a minor exhorsism for
Lucas electrical demons.  Since the generator is a Ford part, this too failed
to remedy the situation.
    I therefor, seek the wisdom of the Tiger Net.
    Grascious and grateful prayers will accompany any help that can be
offered.
Thanks,

Rev. Steve Petty
http://www.gbgm-umc.org/churches/FirstCA001