Oil Analysis

To: <alpines@autox.team.net>, <tigers@autox.team.net>,
Subject: Oil Analysis
From: Jay Laifman <JLAIFMAN@PNM.MHS.CompuServe.COM>
Date: 20 Sep 96 13:25:39 EDT
I have no financial interest in the following.  It just sounds like a
great idea at a great price:

I just got off the phone with Melissa Moberly from Titan Labs in Denver,
Colorado.  Titan Labs will provide you with an oil analysis of an oil
sample from your car.  She says that their analysis can tell you how much
metal, etc is in your oil, if sort of break down is imminent, how much
dust is being sucked up and if your new air cleaner is doing a better
job.  They also analyze coolant and other vehicle related materials
and fluids.  Most of their work is for fleets.  But, they have a growning
demand from car enthusiasts.  I found out about it from a posting to the
Porsche e-mail group.  The analysis runs about $8 - $14.  Just call her
and they will send you an information kit, including the sample taking
hardware, sample bottles and a return envelope.  From the Porsche group,
it sounds like people are going to be doing this once a year, if not more
frequently.  For the price, I think I am going to do it as well.

Jay Laifman