Re: Aftermarket Shifters

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Aftermarket Shifters
From: STUART_BRENNAN@HP-Andover-om3.om.hp.com
Date: Tue, 24 Sep 96 06:34:38 -0600
Item Subject: Aftermarket Shifters

Now. I'm not sure what he means by "Job 1", but if he means impossible, he's
wrong.  I swapped stock shifters in my 1A with the tranny in place a few years
back.

Clean it off, and you will note that the shifter itself is bolted together.  I
don't remember all the details, but I partly disassembled it in place, then the
pieces came out easy.  The Hurst I tried was smaller, so it went in fully
assembled.

Stu