Re[2]: Carburetor rebuild

To: psilva@juno.com, Harold Hartsell <hartsell@thegrid.net>
Subject: Re[2]: Carburetor rebuild
From: LeBrun@hii.hitachi.com
Date: Tue, 01 Oct 96 11:27:16 PST
     I agree.

     HOLLEY'S made by HOLLEY are better, the individual "systems" are more
     "complete" and easier to maintain without dis-assembling the whole
     carb., such as jet & power valve changes or float adjustments.

     However, HOLLEY made the carbs for FORD under the AUTOLITE brand-name,
     like GM sub-contracted to CARTER to make their OEM carbs.

     P.S. For a real hi-po 2 bbl, get a hold of one of the "hot" 2-bbl's
     HOLLEY made in the '60's/'70's to replace the "6-pack" setups such as
     on a ROADRUNNER, DEMON, or GTO. Don't remember all the sizes...I've
     seen 550CFM-to-650CFM. They are VERY EFFICIENT... in my mind duplicate
     to a down-draft WEBER for performance. I believe they were developed
     for a special class of drag racing that was restricted to keeping a 2
     bbl, but I could be wrong.I was also told they were "essentially" one
     of the 1050CFM-to-1150CFM HOLLEY NASCAR carbs "cut in half".

     -Anyone ever "slapped" one of these 2 bbl monsters on a TIGER?

                                  Phil LeBrun