Kemp's comment (uh oh)

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Kemp's comment (uh oh)
From: C5813@aol.com
Date: Thu, 10 Oct 1996 09:45:11 -0400
  In case you missed the debate last night...
Mr. Kemp: Well, we have to have the type of economic prosperity that will
allow us to generate the revenues to provide this technology. Ten percent
of all the emissions - 10% of all the hydrocarbon emissions, oxides going
into the air are cause by just 10% - 100% of all the emissions are caused
by 10% of the automobiles. Now, there is technology that would allow
infrared technology to be used to identify those cars that are providing
all the pollution in our atmosphere. It is not being able to be used
because we are going to take every automobile driver in America, all 110
million automobiles and charge them 17 or 20 or $25. Look, we ought to go
after the ones that pollute, not go after the men and women who want to be
able to drive their automobile to work or to school and to make sure that
they have the type of opportunity to live like everyone else without having
themselves regulated by a Washington establishment.
  What about who want to be able to drive their classic car "to work or to