Tie Rod Ends

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Tie Rod Ends
From: "Randy Zimmermann" <RZIMM@hhh.umn.edu>
Date: Mon, 21 Oct 1996 15:34:13 CST
The Tiger is now down to nothing but a metal shell and four wheels.
Well, almost.  I tried to get the steering rack out but could not
budge the tie rod ends off the wheels.  I guess a 30 year
relationship is hard to break.  I attached with a separator, punch,
heat and a 10# hammer, not necessarily in that order.  All to no
avail.  Thankfully I still was able to pull the engine and tranny
out.  Any veterans out there with maybe a trick or two that you'd be
willing to share?  At this point I'm not sure what to try next.

Thanks,

Randy Zimmermann
66 MKIa (B382002349)
St. Paul, MN