Re: Oil and Brain Leaks

To: "Spontelli, Ramon" <rs11@ElSegundoCA.NCR.COM>,
Subject: Re: Oil and Brain Leaks
From: Jarrid Gross <GROSS@unit.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Oct 1996 09:36:00 -0700

>>  A sign of the times, most jack stand boxes warn not to let any part of
>>  the body be under a car on jack stands.

>Really?  I wonder what might be a purpose of putting a car up on
>jack stands if one did not have a need to be under the thing in one
>manner or another?
>
>Ramon

I think it probably has to do with liability and the typical corperate CYA
"dont use this thing for what we intended" BS.

If the box says not to "let any part of the body get under a car with jack
stands", you probably should'nt use that set.  If the manufacturer does'nt
have any faith in what they manufacturer you most certainly should not
either.

Perhaps we all need hydrolic lifts in our garages?

Jarrid Gross