Re: Oil Filter System &Clutch experience

To: rob hogan <rob_hogan@michweb.net>
Subject: Re: Oil Filter System &Clutch experience
From: Tom Hall <modtiger@engravers.com>
Date: Sat, 26 Oct 1996 19:17:17 -0700 (PDT)
At 12:51 PM 10/25/96 -0700, you wrote:
>I replaced the stock hose/tubing pair with 1/2" ID bent and flared
>aluminum tubes for both oil filter supply and return. This setup has
>never had a problem yet.

Rob,

Just a thought on the use of aluminum...Be forewarned that aluminum tubing,
like copper will work harden with flexing and vibration.  You should have
some rubber hose in the run to give the system someplace for the flex
(engine movement, filter change, etc.) to occur or one day you could have a
sudden loss of system pressure due to tube cracking.  The solid aluminum
parts of this run should be well braced or anchored to prevent vibration.

With regard to your question on the clutch... I switched to the Centerforce
diaphram last time and I am quite pleased with the results.  Lower pedal
pressure and positive engagement in the center of the pedal travel.  I also
changed the slave cylinder to the McLeod direct anular cylinder/throwout
bearing system.  This works perfectly with the stock clutch master.  I
strongly recommend that you toss the flexable 90 degree inlet/outlet
fittings and replace them with solid 90's.  Harder to install but this has
been the major failure mode of the McLeod in-line system.  I think the multi
finger diaphram pressure plate is a much better match to this kind if
release system.  Its not cheap but it really works great.

Tom