Re: Aftermarket Shifters

To: "rs11@ElSegundoCA.NCR.COM" <rs11@ElSegundoCA.NCR.COM>,
Subject: Re: Aftermarket Shifters
From: "Kempinski, Robert M." <RKEMPINS@SSF4.jsc.nasa.gov>
Date: Tue, 26 Nov 1996 09:31:00 -0600
------
REPLY FROM: Kempinski, Robert M.
Microsoft Mail v3.0 (MAPI 1.0 Transport) IPM.Microsoft Mail.Note
From: Spontelli, Ramon
To:  tigers
Date: 1996-11-25 16:05
Message ID: 5AA7AB860A47D011A5560020AFFC10C2

------

Ramon

> installed the Hurst unit, and fabricated a really outrageous shift
>lever using a piece of half-inch pipe, a T-fitting, two nipples and two
>plugs.

We want pictures of this. Sounds like Ramon meets Mad Max. Get something
on
the web site. How did reverse work?

>A friend who was visiting from out of town and helping out a bit kept
>insisting that it sounded like a clutch problem to him.  I kept insisting
>that the clutch and the hydraulics were all new.  Finally, at about 9:30 in
>the evening, with nothing else to check,
nice friend - or do all the out of town guests have to earn their keep
at the
Ramon establishment?  ;^)

>The moral:  Just 'cause a thing was done/brand new yesterday, does not mean
>it's ok today!

Sad but true and well understood over here. Good work anyway.

Rob
Houston Texas