Re: Shorty Water Pump

To: gary_winblad@juno.com (Gary A Winblad)
Subject: Re: Shorty Water Pump
From: Tom Hall <modtiger@engravers.com>
Date: Tue, 3 Dec 1996 20:29:19 -0800 (PST)
At 07:21 PM 12/3/96 PST, you wrote:

>On Tue, 3 Dec 96 17:20:25 PST wickland@eng.adaptec.com (Steve Wickland
>x3128) writes:
>>
>>>Ford SVO has an ad for an S.B. water pump that is 1 1/2" shorter than
>>stock.
>>
>>I have one.  It is stock on the '94 & '95 Mustang 5.0s.  It requires a
>>different
>>timing cover than the one on our Tigers.  It is definitly shorter than
>>a Tiger
>>pump but as you said the water exits on the driver's side.
>>
>>Steve W.
>>

>Is there anyway we can re-work the radiator to utiiize this setup?
>A serpentine belt is a definite advantage...
>Gary

Radiators don't know left from right so yes it can be done.  The biggest
problems are the belt path and  steering clearance.  Remember the extra
casting used on the RH drive cars.  Or maybe simply raise the inlet above
the steering.  A small rearward offset might also be a vital requirement.
Hell Gary, we can do anything we put our minds to.

Tom