Flat collectors

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Flat collectors
From: Anita Barrett <anitabrt@mindspring.com>
Date: Sat, 21 Dec 1996 16:45:01 -0500
Gary,
        The flat collector length is actually 7".  No calculations,
could be longer and still fit my Tiger.  Remember that I also added
new frames that are spaced about 4" wider than the original Tiger.
    Fix one thing and another crops up.  With the 4 wide collector
there is very little room for the speedometer cable to pass.  After
melting one cable I wrapped the new cable in fiberglass cloth and
then covered it with several wraps or Renolds Wrap.  This insulation
is about 4" long where the cable is very close to the headers.
Solved my problem with melting the inside of the cable.
Don't have the part number handy, but at least for a Tiger II
the speedometer cable is a standard Ford part.  I also have Alpines
and the connector on the rear of the speedometer is not Ford.
        Any one need an Alpine transmission, flywheel, bell housing
and rear end?  I also have some other Alpine stuff such as aluminum valve
cover, etc.
               Jim Barrett Tiger II and others