Re: book review

To: Larry.Wright@mail.wdn.com
Subject: Re: book review
From: gary_winblad@juno.com (Gary A Winblad)
Date: Wed, 1 Jan 1997 11:30:19 PST
On Tue, 31 Dec 1996 18:56:01 -0800 Larry Wright
<Larry.Wright@mail.wdn.com> writes:

>b) p114: "there was a stage ar Jensen (it was one of the very first
>operationas, in fact), on the
>assemble line, where a large gentleman with a sledgehammer had to step
>into the engine bay -
>high-tech engineering -- to attack the bulkhead to make space for the
>Ford engine". Bla-bla-bla
>follows, and seems to be a quote. Well I've had the engine outof the
>Garage Queen, and my bulkhead
>does not look bashed-into-shape. I know that there's some
>secretiveness about this part of the car,
>and mebbe for good reason, but mine looks much more like a competent
>pressing, and I'm pretty sure I
>don't have an Alger. Is this guy "Mr. Robson" a Tiger guy, and enough
>of a wrenchslinger, to know
>from experience what a Tiger bulkhead looks like?

Yeah, I've read that before somewhere too (maybe Norm's book).
I think this must not have been the bulkhead but in fact, the frame
rails where they are clearanced for the exhaust manifolds.  Check
it out, when I first saw this area in my car years ago, I figured it must
have been due to previous crash damage!

Happy New Year everyone!

Gary