LA Auto Show

To: <alpines@autox.team.net>, <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: LA Auto Show
From: Jay Laifman <JLAIFMAN@PNM.MHS.CompuServe.COM>
Date: 08 Jan 97 23:19:31 EST
I just went to the LA Auto Show.  The Sunbeam that is on display at the
classic car area is Steve Alcala's Seacrest Green one.  It is quite a
display.  There is Steve's Alpine, an MG TC, a Jaguar XK120, a 1966
Jaguar XKE, a split window Corvette, a Bugatti 57 Type and a couple of
others, all in perfect condition.  It is nice to see that a Sunbeam
was included in the group.

Porsche has an amazing multi-media display, including various early
spyders and the new mid-engine Porsche that ran at Le Mans.  I was not
able to spend much time viewing the display, but one of the walls had
various car racing clips.  Just as I walked by, a Sunbeam Alpine/Tiger
zipped by on the screen.  If anyone has more time, certainly check it out.

On a completely subjective note, the Boxter is the ultimate; the Z3, 6
cylinder or not, is still second; and the Jaguar XK8 is disappointing.  I
thought the Jaguar had far too much "golf course glitz" to be anything
near a sports car.

Jay Laifman
Pircher, Nichols & Meeks
Los Angeles