SENATE BILL 42 (SMOG II).

To: rlnorton@alumni.caltech.edu, tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: SENATE BILL 42 (SMOG II).
From: LeBrun@hii.hitachi.com
Date: Thu, 09 Jan 97 13:29:51 PST
     Bob;

     -First an apology to all those NOT in California on the list, sorry
     for the redundancy of this message. However, it's the only way I know
     to reach all the OTHER TIGER & ALPINE owners in California on the
     list.

     -I just got through writing my letters to Gov. Wilson, Sen. Kopp &
     my own State Senator. They will be mailed tommorrow. All other Sunbeam
     owners in California need to do the same.

     -In your article in the January TIGER TALES, you stated that you had a
     conversation with a BAR staff engineer named Chris Edwards, who agreed
     that the referee stations "pass" any properly running vehicle without
     smog equipment, such as our Sunbeams.

     -What I'm fearful of, is that there always is GROSS inconsistencies in
     how any bureaucracy implements policy from office-to-office; Chris'
     "leniency" may not be the practiced policy in any other BAR district.

     I state this only because of personal experience in first registering
     our TIGER that there were glaring differences found from one DMV & AAA
     office to another. One was very supportive, the others treated me like
     I was out to "pull one over on them".

     -Please contact Chris Edwards with my concerns. I can contact my local
     BAR office with my worries.

                               Phil LeBrun  Member # 5017