260/289?

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: 260/289?
From: STUART_BRENNAN@HP-Andover-om3.om.hp.com
Date: Fri, 10 Jan 97 11:03:39 -0700
Item Subject: cc:Mail Text
     I'd like to respond to this thread, but first I have to mail a letter.
     I must have another stamp here somewhere....Aha, there's one in the
     back of Grandpa's old desk. I'll just lick it and......OH NO!  This
     stamp is no good!  The biplane is printed upside down!  I'll just have
     to SUE the POST OFFICE to get my money back!!!!!  And, if one of the
     coins they give me wasn't pressed exactly on center, then I'll sue
     them again!!!!  AND the Treasury!!!

     Can anyone answer a couple simple questions?  Has any alleged Mk1A 289
     ever had it's motor checked to see if it is one of the 289's sent to
     England for Mk2's?  If they weren't, then where did they come from?
     Norman, are you there? Do the TAC guys ever check this?

     And if one of these alleged 289's turned out to be the real thing,
     wouldn't that make it just a little more desirable, like the inverted
     biplane stamp?

     Stu