The Price of Tiger Parts

To: tigers@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: The Price of Tiger Parts
From: Tom Hall <modtiger@engravers.com>
Date: Sat, 25 Jan 1997 01:25:43 -0800 (PST)
It's always important to have some perspective when discussing the price of
rare Tiger parts.  If you just spent $20,000 or so to restore your Mk II,
and the only part you need to make it a concours winner is a NOS grille, I
would think you would not hesitate to pay $1200 for a never installed
grille.  Most of the rest of us would  make do or wait until something
showed up, for a more reasonable price.

There are several individuals on this network and others listed in the
newsletters that seem to have an abundance of parts at premium prices.  I'm
not talking about Rick (SS) and others in the commercial parts business.  I
don't think I've ever met any of them at Tiger events.  I don't even know if
they have Tigers.

Ramon and others of his persuation enjoy the cars and are happy to be able
to trade parts amongest themselves to reduce the cost of enjoying these
cars.  The others are more or less into it for personnal profit.

I figure that you guys can go over the stuff in my attic after I'm gone and
set the pricing appropriately to benifit Bette.  That way I don't have to
worry that someone is going to be offended.

Tom