Amber Lens Finale

To: tigers@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Amber Lens Finale
From: Jay Laifman <jlaifman@pircher.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Jan 1997 15:29:00 -0800
After all the tips, I have installed my back screw amber lenses with no
problem into my front bolt taillight holders.  Before mounting the lenses,
I used Rick's self starting screws and turned them in back and forth
into the lenses a quarter turn at a time until I worked them all the way
in.  No cracking problems there.  The lenses were just too nice to try to
drill through them to make front bolt types.  Also, the thread of the new
screws pretty much lined up with the threads in the plate for the bolts,
so I can always go back to the old style if I want to later (there may
have been some cutting of the thread, but the old bolts fit in fine, and
had enough torque to hold down the light plastic lenses).

The bad news is that on my first drive after installing them, one of the
bulbs blew!!!!  Murphy's law.

Jay Laifman
Pircher, Nichols & Meeks
Los Angeles, California