Re: Heater valves

To: BMcgu22954@aol.com
Subject: Re: Heater valves
From: Tom Hall <modtiger@engravers.com>
Date: Sun, 2 Feb 1997 14:41:16 -0800 (PST)
At 04:10 PM 2/2/97 -0500, you wrote:
>I know you Tiger guys are a creative bunch, so I'm interested in finding out
>what some of you have used as replacement heater control valves for the
>elusive Mk1-A's
>Last I checked, the original ones weren't available. Is that situation still
>the same ??
>
>Bruce McGuire

Similiar valves were used on other British Auto's such as Jag's and Rolls
Royce's.  I've never fully investigated those sources.  I use a standard
Ford Truck valve that operates in the same manner (push, pull, lever
operation using a control wire).  I typically mount mine in front of the
heater core, below the latch plate.  This gets the valve out of sight, and
more importantly, it clears up the engine compartment of unnecessary clutter
and sharp edges.  It works well runs in the mid $30 range in any parts
house.  It is also an inline design as opposed to the stock 90 degree
design.  The valve was stock on my '70 3/4 Ford Truck, and if you can
examine the parts house supplier books, you can find a wide variety of
valves to choose from.

Tom