RE: Original Workshop Manual found

To: Tiger List <tigers@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: RE: Original Workshop Manual found
From: Bill Cartus <Bill.Cartus@bridge.bst.bls.com>
Date: Mon, 3 Feb 1997 06:52:39 -0600
Chris wrote:

=->Hey tigeroos-I was in a local Northern California (way north, north of
Eureka) looking for a manual for my 65 260 Interceptor inboard/outboard and
I was ushered to a closed area.  Anyways I found and original "The Sumbeam
260" workshop manual.
=->Issued in 1964 and in excellent condition.  The text is slick paged and
the pictures are much clearer than my recopied "The Sunbeam 260-289"
workshop manual.  If anyone is a stickler for originality and they have an
early Tiger it could probably be had for a price.  If not, I'll bring it to
Eureka for United, as I live a half-hour away.
=->
Hey Chris... be sure to tell whoever you sell it to that the torque specs
for the 260 rob bolts are incorrect. I have that manual and broke 3 rod
bolts trying to take them to (what the book said) 40-45lbs. Actual torque
is HALF that. I'm sure their may be other problems too, but hey, original
book for show only... someone will SURELY want that... and I won't call
them 'Shirley'.

Bill Cartus
65 Tiger (owned since 67)