Tiger Video

To: tigers@Autox.Team.Net, Larry.Wright@mail.wdn.com, lwright@usop.com
Subject: Tiger Video
From: Rick Fedorchak <richard.fedorchak@gsfc.nasa.gov>
Date: Thu, 6 Feb 1997 08:45:06 -0500 (EST)
        About a week or two ago, someone ( sorry, can't remember who ) said
they might be producing a Tiger
video and was soliciting suggestions for it's content.

        Don't know about anybody else, but I sure would enjoy a segment
with quality video/audio filmed from inside the cockpit while someone was
driving their Tiger.  Maybe they could have the videocam mounted to a
rollbar or the side of a helmet ........and if the equipment was of the
right type, maybe remote microphone(s) could be placed on the dash or
wherever you could properly pick up all the cockpit sounds ( engine noise,
gear whine, etc ) without being overwhelmed by wind noise ( assuming of
course that the car is being driven with the top down. )  There would be
some experimentation that would have to be done, and some hurdles jumped to
get the video/audio quality just right, but I'm sure that some of the more
creative types could overcome these obstacles.

        Use of a good quality videocam and hi-fi stereo sound would be a
real plus.....

        Larry Wright lent me a videotape about a year ago that highlighted
the Sunbeam line, had some vintage video of races, etc.  My favorite
portion was footage taken from inside a Tiger.  The only problems
were....that the segment was too short, and the segment was shot with
1960's  quality video/audio equipment.

                                    Rick Fedorchak