Re: Sunbeam Tiger and Maxwell Smart

To: Steven Laifman <av342@lafn.org>
Subject: Re: Sunbeam Tiger and Maxwell Smart
From: Paul Burr <tigerpb@ids.net>
Date: Fri, 14 Feb 1997 10:14:15 +0000
Steven Laifman wrote:

> As I remember it, Maxwell drove two different cars, depending upon the
> season.  The first was a Karmann-Ghia VW, and the next was the Tiger.
> After the series ended, Don Adams kept the Tiger.  Drove it a lot, and
> was seen in Chief Auto commercials, locally, extolling their parts.
> Now, if only they really carried Sunbeam parts instead of just the Ford
> bits.
>
> Steve
Would you believe... it was the Tiger the first 2 years, then the Karman
Ghia, and finally the Opel GT. These tied in with Chrysler, VW, then
Buick being the major advertizers of the same years. I hope Nickolodeon
runs the series again, as I'm a big fan.
I've got an eposode on tape where the bad guys have a beautiful robins
egg blue MKII. They do a wicked burn out of a parking lot- obviously a
posi-rear with traction bars, 'cause both tires hooked up real good with
no axle bounce!
 There was a book published @ 2 years ago about the series with lots of
facts and trivia. The author and name escape me, anyone else come across
it?