Re:

To: <DDOORNBOS@rr5.rr.intel.com>
Subject: Re:
From: Tom Hall <modtiger@engravers.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Feb 1997 22:12:34 -0800 (PST)
At , you wrote:
>At 07:58 AM 2/14/97 PST, you wrote:
>>Trivia,
>>
>>How about hydrolic windows, seats, and tube radio with seek function?
>>My dad is modernizing a 52 caddy coup de ville, it had these items.  Plus
>>an automatic headlight dimmer.  What a cool car... when done its going
>>to look great, and drive great, he moved the body to a modern frame with
>>disc breaks, and didn't touch the 5l olds engine.  This car weighs so much
>>it has no hope of ever being fast.
>>
>>So what is the next BOMB/phrase that someone could drop out there and start
>>a fight?  How about a POWER ANTENA MOD?!!!!  please send all hate mail about
>>this to the net for everyone to see.
>>
>>Dan...
>>a firm believer that some people have WAY to much free time on there hands.

To tuff too pass up!

I be think'n that disc breaks only occur with the proper application of farm
impliments behind a tractor.

Actually the power antenna was a piece of cake compared with the
installation of power windows.  To tell you how narrow this concept really
is,  I have to explain that Tiger Tom and I started about the same time on
our power window projects.  Totally unknown to each other, our projects just
happened to use the same street rod Mfg company, as the basis for this
modification.  Tom finished his, and the results are very satisfying.  I had
the pleasure of seeing his handy work this year at the United in Florida.  I
started mine about three months after my heart surgery, and about the same
time before the Tigers United (20).  I ran out of time and my project
handywork work is still hanging in the garage waiting for another time window.

I purchased my first Tiger new off the show room floor in October 1966.  I
began to modify the car about two weeks later, because I could not accept
some of the compromises accepted by the Rootes Factory Engineers.  There
isn't much that I haven't changed on the Original Tiger at this point. I
personally think that the Tiger is a great basis for you to express you own
creativity.  You can build anything from a mild touring car to an all out
race car.  Ok, so it's not as fast or comfortable or sophisticated as a late
model sports car.  How much originality can you apply to the late model
stuff anyway and still pass the smog regulations.

I remain "modtiger" in both name and spirit.

Tom