Motorsport Filter Adapter

To: Tigers Den <tigers@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Motorsport Filter Adapter
From: Steven Laifman <av342@lafn.org>
Date: Sun, 02 Mar 1997 14:54:43 +0100
I have completed the fit check of the Ford Motorsport oil filter
adapter FOR-M-6880-A50, as I have been promising.  My dry fit before
implied success, but it did not include the mounting bolt attachment
clearance.  Since there were so many messages out there about having to
lift the engine 4 inches, I withdrew my recommendation pending a more
thorough test.

The filter adapter and clearance for attach bolt installation work just
fine.  The filter can be installed and removed with clearance, as well.
The angle of the filter is toward the pan and back, and the Ford FL1-A
filter can be screwed on and off.  No movement of motor or anything else
is necessary.  A picture of this unit can be found on Norman's site:
<http://www.best.com/~rootes1/tech1.htm>.

This adapter can be purchased through Ford Motorsports Dealers with the
part number FOR-M-6880-A50 for about $50.  It is well made and includes
the steel block adapter with allen wrench internal hex, cast aluminum
right angle adapter, steel attach bolt to block adapter, and o-ring
seals at block and bolt.

Words of Caution:  This trial was complete, and included filter
installation and removal, BUT the car is stock, with a stock pan and
STOCK EXHAUST.  I have no idea what happens with custom sumps or
headers.

Hope this helps, and sorry for the delay.

Steve
--
Steve Laifman         < Find out what is most     >
B9472289              < important in your life    >

                         _/
                    _/_/_/